We help wildlife that flies, hops, crawls and flutters in Stanley Park by directly tackling their habitat needs through habitat restoration, monitoring and conservation action as well as by providing scientific information that helps Park managers create better management plans.
But we don’t stop there. Every year, we give over 20,000 children and adults opportunities for learning about nature on their doorstep through our weekly public events, school programs, and day camps, or by visiting the Stanley Park Nature House on Lost Lagoon, Vancouver’s only ecology centre. Through our popular volunteering program, more than 1,200 locals learn new skills, improve their CV and meet like-minded people every year.
With your help, we can help wildlife and nature flourish in Stanley Park and share our knowledge and enthusiasm to help young and old enjoy the natural world.
How to join us
A regular annual membership is $20, families $40, and seniors, youth and SPES volunteers $15.
Click here to join us today through our online membership store.
As a member you get:
- “Field Notes”, a monthly news bulletin sent to you by email.
- Discounts on SPES Discovery Walks, programs and special events.
- Free preview nights for Halloween Ghost Train, Christmas Bright Nights train and Theater Under the Stars in the Park.
- 20% off food at Prospect Point Cafe.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- And most importantly, the knowledge that you support SPES’s efforts to make a real difference in Stanley Park for wildlife and people.
Become a member today and start enjoying the benefits of a SPES membership.