Stanley Park Ecology Society’s (SPES) public programs are re-opening as the provincial government allows. Safety measures are in place and our program formats reflect this “new normal.”
We are closely monitoring guidelines from the provincial government and health authorities to provide a safe environment for SPES staff, volunteers, members and program participants. As a Park Partner of the Vancouver Park Board (VPB), SPES Covid-19 guidelines and protocols are aligned with the VPB Park Partners protocols. We will update you here as new information becomes available.
- A COVID-19 Office Safety Plan and Safety Protocols for each SPES department are posted below and available by request from the SPES Health and Safety Representative (email@example.com or 604-257-6908).
- The number of people inside SPES offices and program spaces is limited (occupancy limit is posted on every room); program participant numbers in field activities are similarly limited.
- Masks are mandatory inside shared spaces including the SPES offices and Nature House.
- Social distancing guides and directional arrows are taped on the floors of SPES premises.
- Handwashing instructions are posted beside all sinks in SPES bathrooms and kitchen.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up for staff, volunteers and program participants to use in the event that soap and water are not available.
- Staff practice and promote everyday preventive behaviours including frequent hand washing.
- Common areas including doors, hallways, desks, meeting rooms, bathroom and kitchen areas are regularly disinfected .
- Plexiglass shields are installed at staff desks where frequent social interactions are necessary.
- The front door to SPES’s office is locked at all times and visitors enter at staff discretion.
- As per the Provincial Health Office order issued November 19, 2020, all SPES public events and programs (including Room Rentals and group habitat enhancement events) are suspended until December 7, 2020.
- Schools: Both In-Park Field Trips and Online School Programs continue to be available for registration for the 2020-2021 school year! Please learn more about Field Trips here, Online Programs here and Professional Development Workshops for Educators here.
- The Stanley Park Nature House on Lost Lagoon is OPEN. Masks mandatory. Check out our new “Interwoven” exhibit, Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., September 1 through June 30.
- Select public programs are running as permitted by health authorities (see notice above). Visit our Events Calendar for program information and registration. Programs include online workshops and EcoStewards (our volunteer habitat enhancement events in Stanley Park).
- Room Rentals (the Salmonberry Room, Heron Room, and Nature House) are currently suspended until December 7, 2020. For more information or to book a room, please email Michael Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Room capacities will be adjusted to reflect COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Private group stewardship events in Stanley Park are suspended until December 7, 2020. Otherwise, these are available to book through the Stewardship Coordinator at email@example.com or 604-718-6547. Group sizes will adhere to current health authority recommendations. Stewardship events engage participants in invasive species removal, habitat restoration and enhancement to maintain Stanley Park’s natural areas, while offering a venue for group team building, skill building and learning.