If you have experience in Salesforce administration then SPES would love to hear from you! SPES is seeking a talented and experienced volunteer Salesforce Administrator to support the development and management of its Salesforce platform.
The volunteer Salesforce Administrator will provide ongoing support and maintenance for the SPES team by:
- Working closely with staff to design, build, test and implement new features and functionality in the Salesforce platform;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of Salesforce including monitoring system updates and communicating with the wider SPES team to action updates where relevant;
- Leading the backend configuration of the platform to enable easy usability for staff providing quality donor, member and volunteer experiences;
- Translating emerging requirements into Salesforce solutions;
- Actively networking and participating with other Salesforce community members to best leverage existing features and contribute to emerging ideas and development considerations.
This is an ongoing position and we ask that the volunteer Salesforce Administrator is able to commit to five to ten hours of volunteering per month. Hours are likely to decrease once SPES has established its use of Salesforce, when the focus of the role will shift towards the monitoring and day-to-day management of the platform.
Both in-office and remote work is possible and SPES is able to accommodate evening and weekend work to fit around pre-existing schedules. The Salesforce Administrator will work alongside the team at SPES to ensure projects are planned to minimize any short notice disruption.
Experience & Training
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline preferred;
- Demonstrated strong experience in Salesforce administration;
- Experience with NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack) and Volunteers for Salesforce;
- Experience with Data Loader v50;
- Experience with HTML, SOQL/SQL, Apex and/or AMPscript is an asset;
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated drive and proactivity.
- Hone and develop your existing Salesforce administration skills through exposure to different modules and apply your knowledge in a practical setting to build your resume;
- Use your Salesforce experience to provide a valuable contribution to the work of SPES;
- Gain experience with an environmental, Vancouver-based non-profit organization;
- Join a professional and fun team-based environment;
- Reference letter available after completion of 25 hours of volunteer service;
- Twice-yearly volunteer appreciation events;
- Access the benefits available to all SPES volunteers including discounted memberships.
Please email Sarah More, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com and include the following:
- A short description outlining why you are interested in this volunteering position
- Your resume
Please put “Salesforce Administrator” and your name in the subject heading.
We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.