To introduce Board governance to a student volunteer with career interests in the fields of environmental conservation and/or education. The person will be a full member of the Board, with all attendant rights and responsibilities.
● To provide exposure to and experience in governance issues.
● To introduce a youth perspective into Board deliberations. Our Bylaws allow for Board members as young as 18.
● To establish a cadre of individuals who, at various points of their careers, may use their familiarity with SPES to assist it in various ways.
The term of appointment will be for two years and align with the regular criteria as per the SPES By-Laws (annual membership fee to be waived) and the B.C. Societies Act.
● A detailed job description and Terms of Reference can be found at: https://stanleyparkecology.ca/about/our-board/
● This appointment will be made by the Board of Directors.
● Be enrolled as a student of a recognized post-secondary program in educational or environmental studies.
● Demonstrate active volunteerism in related activities.
● Commit to the SPES mission of promoting awareness of and respect for the natural world through collaborative leadership in environmental education, research, and conservation in Stanley Park.
● Include a letter of interest and a brief resume.
● Submit a letter of reference from an instructor, employer, or a SPES staff member.
● Send the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org