Eco Detectives Summer Day Camp EcoCaptain
Number of volunteers required: 10
Like working with children? Like spending time in the woods? Tap into your passion and help connect young people with nature by being an Eco Detectives Day Camp EcoCaptain this summer!
This summer, Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is running day camp for children ages 7 – 11 in Stanley Park. This is an incredible learning opportunity for volunteers to become more familiar with the Park, develop their skills working with children, and help empower children to connect with nature in meaningful ways.
We are looking for four volunteers, per week, to help with Eco Detectives. Volunteers must be available for training on June 24, and commit to at least a one week session during July and August 2017. Volunteer shifts will run as morning (8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.), afternoon (12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.), or all day (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
As an Eco Detectives Day Camp EcoCaptain, you will:
- Assist SPES Educators with various operational and educational activities
- Assist in supervision and group management of campers
- Be a positive role model to the children and to the other camp EcoCaptains
Volunteers must be available for training on June 24th from 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.
- Gain leadership experience working with children
- Build your resume
- Network with great people
- Contribute to the next generation’s understanding and appreciation of nature
- Attend the season-end volunteer appreciation party in August
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Willingness to work outdoors, rain or shine
- Experience working with elementary school children would be an asset but not required
- Ability to pass a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- Applicants must be at minimum currently enrolled in grade 11
Email your cover letter and resume to: Alicia Fontaine, Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put: "Eco Detectives Day Camp EcoCaptain" - and your name in Subject Heading.
Priority for shifts will go to returning applicants and early applicants. We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2