PEO Database Volunteer
Our Public Education and Outreach (PEO) Department is looking for a volunteer to support database management with regards to program tracking and analysis. This analysis will then be used to support future marking material and program development.
This volunteer role is most appropriate for someone wishing to find a meaningful long term volunteer role. The volunteer must be able to make a 3 month minimum commitment.
Work must be carried out sometime throughout Tuesday-Friday between the hours of 10am-5pm, but work times are otherwise very flexible. A commitment of 4 to 7.5 hours per week would be ideal.
- Data entry from our PEO Programs in our Excel and Access databases
- Maintenance of accurate database records
- Analysis of data in relation to program development
Training will be provided on database entry and maintenance.
- Development of skills in database management and an opportunity to gain experience working in a professional office
- Experience analyzing data in relation to program development and marketing
- Opportunity to attend free SPES Discovery Walks and a letter of reference
- Invitation to twice yearly volunteer appreciation events
- A meaningful opportunity to contribute to the work of SPES!
- Interest in working with and learning about a database
- Genuine interest in data entry work
- Working knowledge of EXCEL and ACCESS
- Experience working with a database is an asset but not required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Neat and legible handwriting
- Must be 18 or older
1) A short description outlining why you would like to be part of this program
2) Your resume
Apply to: Dannie Piezas, Environmental Educator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put: "PEO Database Volunteer" - and your name in Subject Heading.
We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2