Cob House Volunteer
Number of volunteers required: 10
Application closing date: October 8, 2018
Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is seeking energetic volunteers to support our Popcorn Stand at the Ghost Train in Stanley Park. 100% of proceeds from the sale of popcorn support SPES’ conservation and education initiatives.
The Cob House is open from October 11 through to October 31. Volunteer shifts run as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Full schedule to be agreed before starting volunteer role.
- Assist SPES staff in preparing and selling popcorn.
- Be friendly and outgoing to the public.
- Assist with general cleanliness of the popcorn stand.
Training will be provided during first volunteer shift.
- Practice your English while helping with a good cause.
- Gain retail and food service experience as well as cash handling experience.
- Gain valuable volunteer hours.
- Enjoy working in a fun environment.
- Discovery Walk coupons to enjoy Sunday naturalist guided walks in Stanley Park.
- Letter of reference available after 30 hours of service.
- Able to communicate verbally in English.
- Outgoing and enjoy working with people.
- Able to accurately add, subtract, and provide change quickly.
- Able to take directions and work as a team in a busy environment.
Please contact Tobias Jones (Volunteer Coordinator) to let us know you are interested in this opportunity.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
In your response please:
- Indicate why you are interested in this position, and
- Outline any relevant experience you may have.