BioBlitz Survey Assistants
The Stanley Park BioBlitz will take place on August 12th-13th, 2017. We are looking for interpreters, naturalists, or student specialists to assist our taxonomic experts with their species surveys.
This year, the Canadian Wildlife Federation is celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary with BioBlitz Canada 150. Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is thrilled to announce that Stanley Park has been chosen as one of the nation’s five flagship BioBlitz locations! Participating members of the public will have the opportunity to learn from taxonomic experts on the field surveys, enjoy the environmental festival at Lumberman’s Arch, and join a variety of nature-based activities and educational walks.
- Assisting experts to find and identify species
- Recording observations through iNaturalist
- Supporting experts to lead their survey groups
- Assisting participants with species identification and the use of iNaturalist
- Working alongside taxonomic experts
- Sharing your knowledge of the biodiversity in Stanley Park
- Learning new identification and survey techniques
- Contributing to an initiative that connects people with nature and spreads awareness about the importance of biodiversity
- Spending time in beautiful Stanley Park
- Knowledge of local species
- Knowledge of scientific survey techniques
- Comfortable interacting with new people
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology
- 16 years or older
Please contact Alyx Coulter (Outreach Coordinator) if you are interested in this opportunity.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
For email applications, put job title - "BioBlitz Survey Assistants” - and your name in the Subject Heading.
Send one single Word or PDF file as an attachment containing both your cover letter and resume - the file must be named using your first and last name only (e.g. SandySmith.doc).