BioBlitz Festival Crew
The Stanley Park BioBlitz will take place on August 12th-13th, 2017. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with a variety of tasks at our BioBlitz festival on August 12th.
This year, the Canadian Wildlife Federation is celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary with BioBlitz Canada 150. Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is thrilled to announce that Stanley Park has been chosen as one of the nation’s five flagship BioBlitz locations! Participating members of the public will have the opportunity to learn from taxonomic experts on the field surveys, enjoy the environmental festival at Lumberman’s Arch, and join a variety of nature-based activities and educational walks.
Volunteers must be available to assist with a variety of tasks at our BioBlitz festival on August 12th.
- Welcoming visitors to the event and providing information
- Registering visitors for surveys
- Directing and guiding participants to their survey locations
- Assisting participants with iNaturalist and photo uploads
- Those with an interest in helping with event WiFi and IT are encouraged to note it in their application
- Gaining customer service experience
- Learning about the biodiversity in Stanley Park
- Contributing to an initiative that connects people with nature and spreads awareness about the importance of biodiversity
- Spending time in beautiful Stanley Park
- Meeting new friends
- Comfortable interacting with new people
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology
- 16 years or older
Please contact Alyx Coulter (Outreach Coordinator) if you are interested in this opportunity.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
For email applications, put job title - "BioBlitz Festival Crew” - and your name in the Subject Heading.
Send one single Word or PDF file as an attachment containing both your cover letter and resume - the file must be named using your first and last name only (e.g. SandySmith.doc).