Cob House Volunteer
Number of volunteers required: 6
Application closing date: October 31, 2017
Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is seeking energetic volunteers to support our Popcorn Stand at the Miniature Train in Stanley Park. 100% of proceeds from the sale of popcorn support SPES’ conservation and education initiatives.
The Cob House is open from October 12 through to October 30. Volunteer shifts run as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Occasional alterations depending on events. Full schedule to be agreed before starting volunteer role.
- Assist SPES staff in preparing and selling popcorn.
- Be friendly and outgoing to the public.
- Assist with general cleanliness of the popcorn stand.
Training will be provided during first volunteer shift.
- Practice your English while helping with a good cause.
- Gain retail and food service experience as well as cash handling experience.
- Gain valuable volunteer hours.
- Enjoy a fun and festive environment.
- Discovery Walk coupons to enjoy Sunday naturalist guided walks in Stanley Park.
- Letter of reference available after 30 hours of service.
- Able to communicate verbally in English.
- Outgoing and enjoy working with people.
- Able to accurately add, subtract, and provide change quickly.
- Able to take directions and work as a team in a busy environment.
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods.
- Preference will be given to those who can commit to the most shifts.
Please contact Tobias Jones (Volunteer Coordinator) to let us know you are interested in this opportunity.
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
In your response please:
- Indicate why you are interested in this position, and
- Why you believe you are well suited to volunteer.
- Outline any relevant experience you may have.
A resume is encouraged but not required. Positions fill quickly so early application is highly recommended.