SPES Day Camp Leader
We are seeking a creative, innovative, and passionate educator to deliver outdoor nature day camps for children ages 7-11.
SPES offers fun and educational summer day camps that cover the forest, wetland and intertidal ecosystems. You can read more about SPES’ day camps here: http://stanleyparkecology.ca/spes-summer-day-camps-for-kids/. This is a rewarding opportunity to connect young people with nature.
- Implement and deliver the day camp curriculum in a fun and safe manner
- Supervise day camp participants (7 – 11 year olds), and lead in the delivery of activities
- Assist in the supervision of program volunteers
- Communicate effectively with managers and co-workers
- Communicate effectively with parents and children at camp
- Maintain and prepare camp materials and resources
- Assist in the evaluation of the program
- Other duties as needed
- Experience coordinating and supervising summer day camps or outdoor education.
- BC driver's license and standard (2-day) first aid certification are required
- Ability to pass a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- An education degree and/or teacher certification is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of BC ecology; a degree or diploma in biology/environmental studies is an asset
- Lifeguard certificate is an asset
- Excellent leadership, organization, teamwork, and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to frequently perform active work on and off trail outdoors, rain or shine
- Proficiency with word-processing, database entry, and email
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign) an asset
Start date: June 26, 2017
End date: September 1, 2017
Application closing date: May 21, 2017
This is a wage subsidy position so you must fill out the form below.
Application deadline: May 21, 2017 (Early applications encouraged)
How to apply
a) Complete this form
b) Email your cover letter and resume (no phone calls please) to:
Dylan Rawlyk, School Programs Manager
* Use “Day Camp Leader” in the subject line.
* Attach your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document. Name the document using your first and last names (eg. Day Camp Leader – MarkSmith.pdf)
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.