Stanley Park Concessions Sales
Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes respect for the natural world and plays a leadership role in the stewardship of Stanley Park, the world’s best urban park (Trip Advisor 2014)!
SPES is seeking a service-oriented individual to assist fundraising through concession sales in association with the popular Stanley Park Railway http://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/stanley-park-miniature-train.aspx .
Working out of the “Cob House” at the Miniature Train Plaza http://stanleyparkecology.ca/visit-us/cob-house/ , this person will further the profile and financial support of the Society.
- Pop and sell popcorn at the SPES Cob House popcorn stand in Stanley Park
- Handle cash and calculate change for customers
- Open and close stand, including cleaning and cashing out
- Move inventory as needed from the Dining Pavilion to the popcorn stand – some lifting required
- Administrative tasks, as applicable
- Honest and reliable
- Enjoy interacting with the public: friendly and polite
- Ability to accurately compute basic manual cash sales and change
- Ability to accurately complete daily sales forms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in a semi-outdoor environment, with some flexibility in scheduling
- Reliable transportation to / from Stanley Park (Note: the city bus terminus is right next door.)
Hours: 12 noon – 4:30 p.m. per day
Pay: $11.28 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Start date: July 1, 2017
Application closing date: June 9, 2017
Patricia Thomson, Executive Director
Or Fax: 604-257-8378
Address: PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
No phone calls, please.
Posting closes June 9 or until position is filled.
Email specifications - send an attachment containing both your cover letter and resume; on the subject line, enter your name and indicate Popcorn Vendor. We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.