We are looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in supporting our fundraising efforts through concession sales and customer engagement at the Stanley Park Railway alongside the Bright Nights event.
The Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes respect for the natural world by playing a leadership role in the stewardship of Stanley Park. This service-oriented individual will work out of the “Cob House” at the Miniature Train Plaza and will further the profile and financial support of the Society.
- Pop and sell popcorn at the SPES Cob House popcorn stand in Stanley Park
- Handle cash and calculate change for customers
- Open and close stand, including cleaning and cashing out
- Move inventory as needed from the Dining Pavilion to the popcorn stand – occasional heavy lifting required
- Keep Office Coordinator apprised of supplies requirements.
- Answer queries from Park visitors about SPES and Park directions
- Honest and reliable
- Strong English-speaking skills
- Enjoy interacting with the public, tolerant, friendly and polite
- Experience handling cash
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in a semi-outdoor environment
- Reliable transportation to and from Stanley Park (Note that the city bus terminus is right next door)
Hours: Shifts available each day, between 10:00am and 11:00pm; must be able to commit to 12 hours per week
Pay: $13.16 per hour including 4% in lieu of vacation
Start date: November 27, 2018
End date: January 5, 2019
Application closing date: November 23, 2018
Please send application to Alyx Coulter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject header should be “Concession Vendor – [Your Name]”.
Early applications will get priority consideration.
We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.