Cob House Concessions
Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes respect for the natural world and plays a leadership role in the stewardship of Stanley Park, the world’s best urban park (Trip Advisor 2014)!
SPES is seeking one or more service-oriented individuals to assist our fundraising through cash concession sales.
Working out of the “Cob House” at the Stanley Park Train Plaza http://stanleyparkecology.ca/visit-us/cob-house/ , this person will further the profile and financial support of the Society.
- Prepare and sell popcorn at the SPES Cob House popcorn stand in Stanley Park
- Mentally calculate and handle cash sales
- Open and close stand, including cleaning and cashing out
- Move inventory as needed from the Dining Pavilion to the popcorn stand – some lifting required
- Accurately compute individual cash sales and change in your head
- Accurately complete daily sales forms (calculator available)
- Honest and reliable
- Enjoy interacting with the public: friendly and polite
- Work with minimal supervision
- Be on your feet for extended periods
- Reliable transportation to / from Stanley Park (Note: the city bus terminus is right next door.)
Hours: variable shifts between 10:00am and 10:30pm, weekends and weekdays
Pay: $11.80 per hour (includes 4% vacation pay)
Start date: December 1, 2017
End date: January 6, 2018
Application closing date: November 29, 2017
Apply to: Patricia Thomson, Executive Director
Address: PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
Posting closes Nov 29 or until position(s) is filled.
Email specifications - send an attachment containing both your cover letter and resume – on the subject line, enter your name and indicate Popcorn Vendor) We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.