Hello and thank you for deciding to subscribe to email updates from SPES! However, there is a small possibility that these emails may skip your inbox and go straight into your spam filter. If you want to avoid this, here are some steps you can follow so you can keep up-to-date with SPES!
Using Microsoft Outlook?
Desktop App version
- Click on the “Home“ tab in the top bar.
- Check for the “Junk“ option in the “Delete“ group.
- Click on it and click on “Not Junk” in order to get Outlook to future SPES emails as safe.
- Now it’s time to make sure Outlook marks SPES’ own email accounts as safe.
- Click again on the “Junk“ option in the “Delete“ group, and click on ”Junk E-mail Options”.
- Click on the “Safe Senders“ tab.
- Click on “Add“. A window called “Add address or domain” should pop up.
- Were you subscribing for more newsletters and information about SPES? Type in “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click “OK”.
- Were you receiving emails about SPES’ public programs? Repeat Steps 7 and 8, but type in “email@example.com” instead.
- If you’re also receiving emails about SPES’ school programs, repeat Steps 7 and 8, but type in “firstname.lastname@example.org” instead.
- Once you’re finished adding emails, click on the “Apply“ button and the process is complete!
Web Browser version
- Is a SPES email in your junk folder? Open it and click on “Not Junk” at the top to mark future ones as safe. The next few steps are about marking SPES’ own email accounts as safe.
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner of the email — it should be right next to the reply/reply all/forward buttons.
- Click on “Add to Safe senders”, and a new window should pop up asking you if you want to add SPES to the safe senders list.
- Click on the “OK” button, and you’re done!
Web Browser version
- Click on the cog on the top right corner of the browser window.
- Click on the “See all settings” button that shows up at the top of the window that pops up.
- You’re now in the Settings; click over to “Filters and Blocked Addresses” on the tab bar (between “Accounts and Import” and “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”).
- Scroll down to where it says “Create a new filter” and click on it.
- A new window should pop up. In the “From” field, type in…
- Click on the “Create filter” button.
- Click/check the box next to “Never send it to Spam”.
- Click on the “Create filter” button again (it should be blue this time).
Android App version
- Tap on the profile icon next to the name of the SPES email account that sent you the email.
- Tap on the “Add Contact” button (it’s the icon with the person and a plus sign).
- Tap on “Create new contact”.
- A contact form will pop out; fill out the information fields as you prefer.
- Tap on “Save”, and that’s it!
Using Yahoo! Mail?
- Found a SPES email in your junk folder? Open it and click on “Not Spam” at the top to mark future ones as safe. The next few steps are about marking SPES’ own email accounts as safe.
- Click on the Contacts icon (it has a person inside) on the top right corner of the page. A sidebar list of your contacts should open up.
- Click on “Add new contact” at the bottom of this list.
- A form should pop up. In the “Email” field, type in…
- Fill out the rest of the fields as you see fit.
- Once you’re done, click “Save” to finish.
Using the iOS Mail App?
- In the “From” field of the email, tap on the SPES email address that’s displayed. The email is displayed in blue and is either…
- A separate menu should pop up. Tap on “Create New Contact”.
- Tap on “Done” at the top right corner of your screen, but you can fill in the rest of the fields as you see fit if you’d like.