Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your program starts. This gives your students time to have a snack, use the washroom, and provides a buffer against traffic.
To best use this map:
- When you’ve opened the link, look at the map legend on the top left of the screen. Make sure that the box next to the name of the program you are attending is checked, and no other program boxes are checked. This will show only the information relevant to your trip. Some field trips have different meeting locations so it’s important to make sure you’re looking at the right map.
- To get more details on a particular symbol or point of interest, click the symbol and a box will appear with a write-up or a picture. To get directions to that particular point, click the arrow symbol in the bottom right corner of the white box. It will open a new window where you can get Google Maps directions to that exact place.
Public Transit Information
From downtown Vancouver:
- Catch the #19 Stanley Park bus on West Pender Street. The #19 route on West Pender Street has stops a short walk from Burrard Skytrain Station or Waterfront Skytrain Station.
- Exit the bus at the Stanley Park Loop.
From the north shore:
- Catch any bus that crosses Lions Gate Bridge into downtown Vancouver.
- Disembark the bus at Denman Street.
- Cross Georgia St. at the traffic light, and wait for the #19 Stanley Park bus across the street.
- Ride the #19 bus until the Stanley Park Loop.
- Alternately, simply walk into the Park from Denman Street.
For specific route information, visit the Translink trip planner, with the destination “Stanley Park Loop.”
Driving to Stanley Park
If you’re coming from the north shore over Lions Gate Bridge, you will need to turn around once you get into downtown Vancouver then follow the directions below.
If you’re coming from downtown Vancouver, travel northeast on Georgia Street. Take the right side exit to Stanley Park. Where you go next depends on which field trip you’re enrolled in.
For Beach Explorers:
- Turn right at the roundabout onto Stanley Park Drive, and follow it under the stone pedestrian bridge.
- Turn left on Avison way, and go past the aquarium.
- Turn left on Stanley Park Drive to continue along the seawall.
- After you cross the bridge near the concession stand and water park, angle parking will appear on the right for buses and cars. Simply walk back the way you came along the sidewalk to the meeting location.
For Salmon Release:
- Travel straight through the roundabout (take the second exit).
- Drive up the hill along Pipeline Road, past the rose gardens and Miniature Railway parking lot.
- Pipeline Road will eventually make a sharp right and become Park Drive. Soon after the sharp right, Park Drive ends.
- Turn left onto Stanley Park Drive at the “T”.
- Make your first left (about 250m down the road) back onto a narrow lane that will return you to Pipeline Road. This turn is easily missed so look carefully!
- Now you can park roadside on Pipeline Road, facing the opposite direction.
For all other park-based field trips:
- Travel straight through the roundabout (take the second exit). Drive up the hill.
- Take the first right hand turn, between the Rose Garden and the forest.
- Follow this road past the Stanley Park Pavilion building to the Miniature Railway parking lot.
Parking in Stanley Park
Current parking rates can be found here. We provide up to 5 free parking passes to parent drivers per field trip booking.
Our meeting locations are a 15-20 minute walk from downtown Vancouver. Consider walking from the skytrain or bus along the safe and scenic Coal Harbour seawall. We’ve even had a class walk over Lions Gate Bridge!