School Programs Wrap UpJune 30th, 2017
Thanks to all teachers who booked with us for the 2016/17 school year! With your help we delivered:
- 224 field trips to 5,040 students,
- 8 teacher workshops to 113 teachers,
- 19 Nature Ninja overnight camps to 476 students,
- and overall connected 69 schools across 11 school districts with nature in Stanley Park!
- SPES day camps have additionally connected over 140 kids with nature in Stanley Park this past spring and summer!
Now that we’re at the end of our school year, we thought we’d share some comments from teachers and students that joined us for exciting nature-based field trips this season:
“A parent told me that their son said this field trip was rated: one thousand out of 10! Lol”
– Jennifer Billingsley, teacher, Lord Beaconsfield Elementary, gr 4/5, Wetland Wildlife
“Parent volunteer/chaperones commented that this was one of the best field trips they had ever experienced. Our program exceeded my expectations. The leaders had a very calm, kind, engaging manner with the children.”
– Mrs Vicki Wong, Dr RE McKechnie Elementary, gr 4/5, Indigenous Plant Use
“My colleagues and I absolutely loved the Nature Detectives program this year. We believe the knowledge, expertise and ability to engage the children are key to the success of the program. Your facilitators were exceptional this year. Thanks for another memorable time at Nature Detectives!”
– Janet Chiang, teacher, Lord Kitchener Elementary, gr K, Nature Detectives
“Loved how students were hands-on with magnifiers and bug collectors. Making soul soup! They really enjoyed seeing the little brown bat specimen, daytime/nighttime activity and guessing the bird sounds.”
– Josie Orazio, teacher, GT Cunningham Elementary School, gr 1-2, Nature Detectives
Thanks again for joining us this school year; we look forward to seeing you again!