Stanley Park named ‘top park in the entire world’June 18th, 2014
VANCOUVER – They don’t call it the ‘jewel’ of Vancouver for nothing.
The rain forest oasis in the middle of B.C.’s busiest city was today named the ‘top park in the entire world.’
It is one of the largest urban parks in North America, visited every year by about eight million people.
It beat out New York’s Central Park and the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris to take the top spot.
It is based on reviews submitted to the website TripAdvisor.
Here is the top 10 list:
- Stanley Park, Vancouver, Canada
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
- Central Park, New York City, USA
- Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- High Line, New York City, USA
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth, Australia
- Guell Park, Barcelona, Spain
- Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain
- Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France